Tuesday, October 7, 2008

6 Weeks Post Op

Well, here I am a month and a half post op and I've lost 31lbs. For some reason it seems like I am loosing really slow though. I was able to try more food this week and I actually had a little steak last night, but it was really tender, not tough at all. I have been trying to make good choices with my food, but sometimes I just don't want protein. LOL I toasted some bread one day this week and was able to eat half a tuna salad sandwich on toast, it was pretty yummy. I know I would do better if I'd stay away from carbs, but as little as I'm eating, it's not much carbs at all. I have tried a wrap twice now here at the house and it just doesn't taste good, maybe it's the wrap itself, I don't know. I can tell I am loosing cause my clothes are getting looser and I think I'm gonna have to retire somethings that have been my "comfy clothes" since surgery (Trey hates them anyway LOL). Oh well, my pregnant sister can get good use of them. Let's see, I got my hair cut this past week, I got about 4" cut off and it feels so much better!! I can feel myself getting back to me if that makes any sense. When I was at 280, I really wasn't happy at all, I felt fat all the time and never felt pretty even when I dressed up and had makeup on. Now I am feeling so much better about myself and I'm sure that will just keep getting better as I loose more weight. Trey left for the field this morning, so it's just me and Mak for a week or so, we'll be going to our hometown for the weekend for my nephews 2nd birthday party. I'm kind of nervous cause "home" is where I always ate and ate bad, alot of bad!! Everyone knows I had surgery, so hopefully they'll have something I can eat. Also, my birthday is Thursday, I'll be 32!! For the past 2 years I have stressed when it comes birthday time cause I just hate getting older, but this year it's different cause I have started my new life and I am feeling so good.

No comments: