Tuesday, December 2, 2008

14 Weeks Post Op

I finally hit my 50lb loss!! I actually hit it last Wednesday, but I haven't posted since then so I thought I'd share. I only lost 1-1/2lbs this week, but it was Thanksgiving, so I'm just glad I lost!! Last Tuesday night we had a Thanksgiving Potluck for Trey's unit. I got Turkey, one meatball, and some raw broccoli with ranch and then put a little gravy on my meat. I'm not sure if I ate too quick or if my pouch didn't like the broccoli raw or the meatball (I had already tried the turkey earlier in the day so I know it wasn't that) but something made me sick. I was lucky that it was hot in the Battalion classroom and we had the doors opened up to the back of the building so I just ran out there when I felt it coming back up. I threw up twice and then felt fine. Wednesday we went to MIL's house and Thursday we had Thanksgiving with Trey's family at his aunt and uncle's (dad came with us too). I was able to eat a little turkey, 1 deviled egg, a tsp. of green beans, a tsp. of broccoli casserole, and a tbsp. of 7 layer salad. After I let that settle, I ate one bite of some kind of bar thingy Trey's uncle Lane made, it tasted like Pecan pie. When we left we took dad home and then headed to Gatlinburg, TN to spend the rest of the weekend with mom's family at a cabin. I mostly just grazed at the cabin on protein, but I did manage to eat one small slice of pumpkin pie. We had a great time with family over the holidays and I look forward to next year (maybe I'll be at goal by then).

I am starting to get comments on my weight loss, I guess it's finally showing. Everyone says you can really see it in my face. LOL I even overheard one of the female soldiers at the potluck saying "she has lost alot of weight" which makes me feel good. :)

No comments: