Saturday, July 12, 2008

The start of my new life.

I assume if you are reading this, you know me pretty well. If you have known me all my life or most of my life, you know I have always struggled with my weight. I have lost weight only to gain it back too many times to count. I have decided now is the time for me to take charge of my life and do something about my weight. I want to be healthy for me and my family. I want to see Makayla get married one day!!


As you may already know, I have decided to have Lap Band surgery. I have started the process here at the hospital on base and I am hoping to have the surgery in late August or in September. I have gone to several classes that are required and I have a list of more things to do before I can be approved for surgery. I went for my surgeon consultation this past Monday. They weighed me and did a ton of paperwork. My weight at the docs office was 280!! I have been this big before, but it's been a long time (right before I got pregnant with Makayla in 2001). I am 50lbs heavier than I was last year in Feb.! My BMI right now is 45 which is in the mobid obesity category. :( I don't even have to have comorbidities to qualify for this surgery since I'm so heavy!! Thank goodness Trey is in the military and I have good health insurance!!


Before I finish up here, I want to say that Trey is an amazing husband. He has told me from day one he loves me the way I am and he is supportive of my decision to have Lap Band as long as I am doing it for me and not him. :) He is my rock and I don't know what I ever did before I met him!


No comments: