Just got home from a Support Group meeting at the hospital (part of the requirements for the surgery) and once again I am confused about which surgery I want. My surgeon is very pro Gastric Bypass and not so fond of Lap Band. She does both surgeries and actually said "I will guarantee you will loose 100lbs with Gastric Bypass, but I will not guarantee 1lb with the Lap Band". There are alot of POSSIBLE complications with both surgeries. I worry if I get the Gastric Bypass, I will loose too much weight and then what if I get really sick later on in life, will I be able to keep up my nutrients? I worry about getting the Lap Band because there are so many that slip or erode into the stomach and have to be taken out. Do I really want to go through with a surgery that "might" work? I am just really confused at this point and don't know what to do. Tonight at the support group meeting they had alot of post op patients there, so they split us up in groups and let us ask them questions and look at pictures they had. They were very inspirational and even said if they had the choice to do it all over again, they would in a heartbeat (gastric bypass that is). I guess I'll just have to wait and see how things go and how I feel the closer I get to surgery. I'm gonna sit down with Trey when he gets home and go over all the pros and cons of both surgeries and see which one he thinks would be better for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment