Wednesday, June 3, 2009

40 Weeks Post Op

I had my 9 month check up with my surgeon Monday and I have my 9 month check up with the nutritionist this afternoon. All my bloodwork came back good, so my thiamin level is back up to normal thanks to my B1 suppliment I had to add to my daily routine. I only lost 1lb this week, but it's better than nothing. My surgeon keeps reassuring me I am right where I need to be at this stage as far as loosing. I can eat more now than I could 4 months ago, so the weight loss is gonna slow down and it will keep slowing down until I finally level out. My surgeon wants me at 160 (my nutritionist said 165), so I have 25 or so pounds to go till I'm at goal. My surgeon said I should be at goal (160) by 14 months post op, so I have 5 months to loose the rest of my weight. I'm now in a size 14 pants and a large or medium top.

I ordered some protein drinks (the Believe ones) from bariatriceating.com this week. I got them Monday and I've tried two different ones so far. Yesterday I had the Italian Cappucino and it was good (I added splenda) and today I had the Mocha Latte which was even better. They are only 120 calories, 3 grams of sugar, and 20 grams of protein!! I was getting tired of the Carnation Instant breakfast drinks every morning for breakfast and I was tired of spending WAY too much money for a protein drink at Starbucks. I also ordered some protein powder that's suppose to taste like an Iced Caramel Coffee, but I haven't tried it yet (it has 30 grams of protein).

No comments: